For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Missing A.M. Rebetrol - pills

My husband had a meeting out of town today and forgot to take his morning Rebetrol pills. I was told he should not double up.

Can anything happen because he missed his dose?

He is currently taking PEG-INTRON shots once a week on Thursday and takes 3 pills in the A.M. and 3 pills in the P.M.

Would like your opinion please.

Response from Dr. Fried

Ribavirin (Rebetol) has a very long half-life, it stays around a long-time in the body. He should NOT "double-up" on the next dose. Nothing will happen if he misses one morning dose, although he should not make a habit of missing doses regularly.

lvr biopsy
why no liver biopsy