Mar 7, 2002
If you are neg for hep c antibody are you still carrying the viruse
| Response from Dr. Fried
If the potential exposure was greater than 3-6 months ago, testing negative for anti-HCV suggests that you were not infected. In rare circumstances, in patients who are immunocompromised, the anti-HCV can be negative and the only test that indicates infection is the HCV RNA test that measures the virus itself.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Be Hiv Negative And Have Kaposi's Sarcoma?
- Chances Of Getting Hiv With Hangnail
- Would My Boyfriend Get Chlamydia If I Didn't Tell Him The First Time
- What Percentage Of People In The World Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Happens When Herpes Go To Your Spine?
- What Color Is The Genital Warts Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.