Mar 7, 2002
If you are neg for hep c antibody are you still carrying the viruse
Response from Dr. Fried
If the potential exposure was greater than 3-6 months ago, testing negative for anti-HCV suggests that you were not infected. In rare circumstances, in patients who are immunocompromised, the anti-HCV can be negative and the only test that indicates infection is the HCV RNA test that measures the virus itself.
- Can Magnesium Help Heal Peripheral Neuropathy?
- How Bad Will The Sore Throat And Muscle Aches Be When You Have Hiv?
- How To Get Marinol Prescribed?
- Can Straight Guys Get Hiv The First Time They Have Sex?
- Does Drinking The Night Before Affect Hiv Tests?
- Will Gonorrhea Go Away After You Get A Shot?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.