Mar 7, 2002
Are there any conditions where HCV can hide and not be detected? For instance at 3 months after a known exposure could you be RIBA negative, HCV Quan and Qual negative and still have Hepatitis C
| Response from Dr. Fried
By three months after an exposure, the HCV PCR tests should be positive if infection is present. The person that you describe does not have HCV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Getting A Tattoo Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Happy Ending Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.