Mar 7, 2002
Are there any conditions where HCV can hide and not be detected? For instance at 3 months after a known exposure could you be RIBA negative, HCV Quan and Qual negative and still have Hepatitis C
Response from Dr. Fried
By three months after an exposure, the HCV PCR tests should be positive if infection is present. The person that you describe does not have HCV.
Hepatitis B treament
- Loose Stool Worried It Could Be Ars
- Sore On Mouth Sign Of HIV Infection
- Blood In Semen After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Touching Dried Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.