|HBV infection after the first vaccine dose
Mar 7, 2002
To Dr Michael
My maid was posted for an emergency surgery for a mastectomy and a spot test was done for HepB and the result was negative. But the ELISA test done later with the same blood came back as positive.
Two years ago she had been given a single dose of the hepB vaccine. She was unable to take the other two doses. My whole family has been vaccinated with a booster.
Are there any precautions we should take?? Is she allowed to cook food?? Can she lead a normal life?? Will it affect her cancer?? Does the ELISA positive test have anything to do with the first dose of the vaccine??
Our lives have been turned upside down. Please let us know what we can do.
| Response from Dr. Fried
From your description, it is not clear which hep B test you are talking about. Even if she were a carrier of HBV, this virus is transmitted primarily through blood and sexual contact. There would be no risk to your family, especially since they all have received the HBV vaccine. No other precautions are necessary.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.