Mar 4, 2002
I was told that Cryoglobulins have been detected in my blood but I am negative for all Hep.
Is there any way that the Cryoglobulins can fool other Hep tests?
HCV in particular?
What else might cause them?
Thanks for any clarity you can offer!
Response from Dr. Dieterich
I would be sure that you have had a HCV PCR test several times. Cryoglobulins are almost always associated with HCV. Have the test again! DTD
Awaiting HCV results
- Swollen Lymph Glands Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can Hepatitis Cause Excessive Saliva At Night?
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
- Will Rinsing Your Mouth With Peroxide Help Thrush?
- Can You Get HIV If Male Doesn't Cum Inside You?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.