Mar 4, 2002
I was told that Cryoglobulins have been detected in my blood but I am negative for all Hep.
Is there any way that the Cryoglobulins can fool other Hep tests?
HCV in particular?
What else might cause them?
Thanks for any clarity you can offer!
Response from Dr. Dieterich
I would be sure that you have had a HCV PCR test several times. Cryoglobulins are almost always associated with HCV. Have the test again! DTD
Awaiting HCV results
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
- Can Trichomoniasis Cause Red Bumps In Genital Area?
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Touching Blood?
- Why It Still Burn After I Have Been Treated For An Std?
- 7 Week Negative Rapid Blood Test After Low Risk Exposure
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.