Awaiting HCV results

My husband has been has just found out that he is HCV positive, I am awaiting results, but even if neg I have been advised that they will have to be repeated in 3 months & 6 months Should i be be as careful as he is re alcohol & diet during this time?. I would not risk unprotected sex anyway.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It is unlikely that you acquired it from him sexually so you should assume that you are negative. You should not share razors and tootbrushes with him, but the CDC recommends that you don't have to change your sexual habits if you have been married for a while. Heterosexual transmission seems to be a very low risk with HCV. DTD

Cryoglobulin
Another Cryoglobulin