|Undetect HCV but still high lfts.
Mar 3, 2002
When you clear HCV and still have high lfts and asts, what does this mean? Does it necessitate further treatment, or should it be stopped after time alloted?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Either you have not cleared the virus or there is another virus or another cause of liver disease that is causing the elevated liver enzymes. It could also be toxicity of medications like HIV medications that can cause elevated liver enzymes. You need to make sure you are seeing someone who is really comfortable with liver disease. Good luck! DTD
hepatitas b first test
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Shingles?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
- What Are Complications Of Untreated Gonorrhea?
- Ways To Get Chlamydia Other Than Sex
- What Is The Physical Appearance Of Syphilis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.