inactive hbv not sure?????

I have seen may of the questions about hepatitas c and is it curable is hepatitas b curable.If you have inactive hepatitas b why would your doctor not give you any medication.What does this really mean. I was test positive for inactive hepatitas and was just told to watch the intake of my achohol. What do I do at this point.

Response from Dr. Fried

If you mean that you have inactive hepatitis B, that means that you still carry the HBV virus but it is not causing ongoing damage to the liver. The usual blood tests would look like this: HBsAg-positive HBeAg-Negative anti-HBe-Positive, with normal liver enzymes and low levels of hep B virus in the blood.

Only monitoring is required in this situation. Avoiding alcohol intake with liver disease is always a good idea.

Elevated ALT/AST help
hepatitas b first test