|inactive hbv not sure?????
Feb 28, 2002
I have seen may of the questions about hepatitas c and is it curable is hepatitas b curable.If you have inactive hepatitas b why would your doctor not give you any medication.What does this really mean. I was test positive for inactive hepatitas and was just told to watch the intake of my achohol. What do I do at this point.
| Response from Dr. Fried
If you mean that you have inactive hepatitis B, that means that you still carry the HBV virus but it is not causing ongoing damage to the liver. The usual blood tests would look like this: HBsAg-positive HBeAg-Negative anti-HBe-Positive, with normal liver enzymes and low levels of hep B virus in the blood.
Only monitoring is required in this situation. Avoiding alcohol intake with liver disease is always a good idea.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Happy Ending Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Hpv After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.