hep b+/hiv+

I was tested hiv and hep b positive in 1999 and ever since i had been controling every three months and till date my hiv results remain weakly pos and my dr keeps telling me might be i would't need any med for life.my cd4 remains 629 and my hep b results are Ag Hbs+,anti HBs<10,anti HBc+,Ag HBe neg and my liver shows no sign of being infected, echography neg.MY question is why all the control without any med for any of the disease. My husband after 1 year of relation was completly free from all.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

It seems that you are a long term non progressor in terms of your HIV status.You will need to follow closely this,as many patients eventually have a rise in HIV PCR and require therapy.You also have active HBV disease,and it is good that you have a normal sonography.This finding however, does not rule out that you do not have significant liver disease,specially with your high CD4 levels.You will need a liver biopsy to assess this,and to consider therapy for the HBV.

Hep. C transmisson to co-workers
Elevated ALT/AST help