|Hep. C transmisson to co-workers
Feb 28, 2002
I currently work beside a person with active hep. c she has already had treatment once and was in remission. She has been recently retested and is found to be active again. My question is: how contagious is this for me and what are the best precautions I can take?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Your only precautions would be to have protected sex with her,and not to share needles ,razors,or any other instrument that can come in contact with her blood ,and then yours.In other words,you have nothing to fear from your casual,work based contact with her.She will need your understanding and help though,to continue her dealing with this disease.
- Getting Hiv Through Fingering With A Cut On Finger
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- Will Antibiotics Cure Chlamydia?
- Why Am I Getting Herpes Outbreaks Every Few Weeks?
- What Can't You Do With Herpes?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.