|HCV-infection through blood in food
Feb 28, 2002
Suppose a worker at a local restaurant was to cut his finger while preparing my sandwich and a drop or 2 of his blood got into my sandwich. Can I get infected with the hepatitis c virus through this quantity of blood, when I eat the sandwich a few minutes later?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Only if you have a lession ,or laceration in the mouth.This is highly unprobable.
My 2 year old Daugher
- Do Stds Cause Diarrhea?
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up On A Blood Test?
- ARS At 10 Weeks And Sore Throat
- Can Having The Flu Interfere With The Hiv Test Results?
- Difference In Hiv Risk Between Kiss And Insertive Oral Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.