MY 2 year old daughter - Please answer question ASAP

My husband left his tooth pick out on the sink. He had just finished doing his teeth and he is almost positive he cleaned it off. My 2 year old daughter decided to go to the potty and picked it up and put it in her mouth. We are nervous/anxious God for bid there was a little blood on there? What should we do. How long do I wait to get her tested. If it is only a drop does it matter?

We are very upset and need some advice. I called the Dr. and am waiting for a call back....

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

You fail to state why you are so concerned,as if your husband is known to have HIV,or Hepatitis viruses?.In all these diseases the infection is trasmitted by blood,but a portal is needed.This means, that to have trasmission your daughter needs to have broken oral mucosa or laceration inside her mouth.Even if this is the case,much other factors,like the length of time that lapsed between the use of the toothpick and your daughters'contact, will be of importance.Please relax,overall the risk is very,very remote.Call your doctor and ask him to advise according to the information about your husbands'condition.

co-infection eclipse phase?
hOW MANY YEARS BEFORE DIEING?