HCV Geno1-pegylated interferon candidate

Dear Dr, My Gastro Dr. says I'm a good candidate for new pegylated interferon. I'm geno 1A, stage 0, grade 1 inflammation. I have weak stomach when it comes to meds and scared to try weekly injection. Do you think I sound like good candidate - I rarely drink alcohol, no illegal drugs, recent transfusion and hospital 8 days from bursting artery after hysterectomy (allergic to anesthesia and artery burst from vomiting so hard). Was sick for 1 1/2 months with infections from too many antibiotics in hospital. One more thing - my viral load is over 1 million. What do you think about me starting new med? What are other side effects you know of? Any info I appreciate and do you think I could be good candidate? I also am not anemic for 1st time in years. Thank you very much. Have a great day.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Your chances of clearing the virus are good with the peg over 55%. However, the chances of getting anemic are also quite high. You do sound like a good candidate for treatment, however I would make sure that your anemia is taken care of before I would do anything else. DTD

HepB Cronico - Su respuesta
ALT level prognostic of immune response?