Feb 27, 2002
Can a Hematology test (including chemicals)indicate the presence of the hepatits virus or could it give an indication that something might be wrong and that it needs further testing?
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
The usual tests can only show hepatic tests alterations,that may be caused by a viral infection that caused hepatitis.To diagnose a specific type of Hepatitis, you need special tests. You need also to know, that some patients can have significant liver disease,without any alteration in the liver tests.A history of any possible risk factor, is enough to warrant tests to diagnose the contact or the infection with particular viral hepatitis viruses.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Doxycycline Treat Stds?
- Over The Counter Products That Test For Vaginal Infections
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.