Oral Thrush

I think I have oral thrush. For the past 6 weeks I have had about 5 occassions when I wake up, where there is a kind of white film almost like dead skin on the inside of the front of my mouth. It comes off very easily and does not leave any marks. Its almost like removing a cobweb from your mouth. I have had a sore throat on the odd occasion as well. I have seen my GP and he says that he cannot see anything unusual, but I have only managed to see him when I haven't had an occurrence of it. I am worried that It could be a sign of HIV, I had unprotected sex once, about year ago and once about 6 months ago, both times with a woman. If I contracted HIV then would I show signs of thrush etc now? and would I feel ill in any other way.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It would be unlikely to have thrush already. However anything is possible. The obvious answer is to get tested for HIV. The antibody test should be positive by now. Waste no time, get your MD to do an HIV test! DTD

residing pathogens
Aids and caregivers