Dec 18, 2000
Doc, was exposed to hiv 6 weeks ago. I'm really worried vl will be high, or cd count very low. Still not feeling well at 6 week point (experienced ars 3 days following exposure). Am awaiting 6week results. Will stress really impact results much?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
If the HIV PCR is positive, then you should seek treatment. Stress will not change the viral load appreciably. DTD
Questions.... I think I have
hepatitis with syphilis
- Can I Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.