Dec 18, 2000
Doc, was exposed to hiv 6 weeks ago. I'm really worried vl will be high, or cd count very low. Still not feeling well at 6 week point (experienced ars 3 days following exposure). Am awaiting 6week results. Will stress really impact results much?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
If the HIV PCR is positive, then you should seek treatment. Stress will not change the viral load appreciably. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Population Is Most At Risk In Getting Chlamydia?
- What Is The Difference Between Syphilis And Herpes?
- What Does The Beginning Of Genital Warts Look Like?
- What Does Herpes Type 2 Look Like?
- What Is The Normal Range On Herpes 2 Igg Test?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.