Dec 18, 2000
If a person was coinfected with HIV and HBV, would the Elisa show negative at 6 months? Does HBV impact Elisa test results? Dr. H from the other forum indicated he did not think HBV would effect a Elisa test result. Concur?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
I assume you mean the HIV elisa test, and I would not expect that it would. HIV infection might slow down the antibody tests to HBV, though. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Receiving Head Risk Of Getting HIV
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Having Sex During Period
- Tattoo How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sucking Breast?
- Does Groin Pain Mean I Have Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.