Dec 18, 2000
If a person was coinfected with HIV and HBV, would the Elisa show negative at 6 months? Does HBV impact Elisa test results? Dr. H from the other forum indicated he did not think HBV would effect a Elisa test result. Concur?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
I assume you mean the HIV elisa test, and I would not expect that it would. HIV infection might slow down the antibody tests to HBV, though. DTD
Questions.... I think I have
- How Long After Exposure Can A Hepatitis C Test Be Positive?
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- Will Genital Warts Ever Completely Go Away?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
- What Is The Physical Appearance Of Syphilis?
- Symptoms Of Advanced Gonorrhea
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.