hepatitis B

I donated the blood on around 2nd week of october and I got a result of blood testing that I tested positive for hepatitis b only. Everything was ok includes HIV. What might be the possibilities to get hepatitis b and what are the correlation between HIV and Hepatitis b.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Generally hepatitis B is a sexually transmitted disease. It can be transmitted from mother to infant at birth, but that is unusual outside of Asia. I would recommend that you see your MD and get thoroughly evaluated for hepatitis B. It is more complicated than hepatitis C, so see someone who knows how to deal with it! Good luck! DTD

hepatitis c
Which PEG Interferon is best?