Dec 19, 2000
I donated the blood on around 2nd week of october and I got a result of blood testing that I tested positive for hepatitis b only. Everything was ok includes HIV. What might be the possibilities to get hepatitis b and what are the correlation between HIV and Hepatitis b.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Generally hepatitis B is a sexually transmitted disease. It can be transmitted from mother to infant at birth, but that is unusual outside of Asia. I would recommend that you see your MD and get thoroughly evaluated for hepatitis B. It is more complicated than hepatitis C, so see someone who knows how to deal with it! Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.