Re: Should i wait for pegylated interferon?

Hello Dr...i've been taking serzone since i even tested pos for both hepc and hiv. My dr wants to put me on 2 antidepressants (add another one to the serzone) is what he's thinking, but he hasn't come up with one. I expect to start treatment again in jan even if the peg isn't yet available. can you recommend an antidepressant to add to the serzone...or 2 antidepressants maybe not using serzone? If i'm to start in january i'd like to get started on the dual antidepressants before i start the treatment again. thanks, robert (vroom)

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Robert,

We use a lot of Celexa and Effexor for our people on interferon. They seem to tolerate it well. However in any individual case effects may differ. Talk to your MD about it. DTD

Help I need advice
T-cell<400 Treatment for HCV