Help I need advice

hi, I am 15 years old, I went into Boston's first night for New years with some friends. When new years hit My friend kissed a guy not knowing who he was; just a random guy off the street. I looked at her and she had some blood on her cheek. She is really nervous. She could not taste the blood but it was on her cheek and my other friends coat. We were dancing in a huge crowd where people were crowd surfing and falling all around. I would just like to know what you suggest for her to do. She doesn't know whether or not the blood belonged to the person she kissed or some other person on the crowd. Thank you

Response from Dr. Dieterich

This is a very low risk exposure for almost anything. However, if she is worried she should get baseline tests now for hepatitis B and C and HIV, which she should do anyway. If she is negative she should get vaccinated for hepatitis B. Then in 3 months she should get tested again for all three. I would not lose a lot of sleep over this one(I mean tell your friend) DTD

oral sex and hiv
Re: Should i wait for pegylated interferon?