Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Help I need advice
Jan 2, 2001

hi, I am 15 years old, I went into Boston's first night for New years with some friends. When new years hit My friend kissed a guy not knowing who he was; just a random guy off the street. I looked at her and she had some blood on her cheek. She is really nervous. She could not taste the blood but it was on her cheek and my other friends coat. We were dancing in a huge crowd where people were crowd surfing and falling all around. I would just like to know what you suggest for her to do. She doesn't know whether or not the blood belonged to the person she kissed or some other person on the crowd. Thank you

Response from Dr. Dieterich

This is a very low risk exposure for almost anything. However, if she is worried she should get baseline tests now for hepatitis B and C and HIV, which she should do anyway. If she is negative she should get vaccinated for hepatitis B. Then in 3 months she should get tested again for all three. I would not lose a lot of sleep over this one(I mean tell your friend) DTD

Previous
oral sex and hiv
Next
Re: Should i wait for pegylated interferon?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.