10 year old daughter with Hep C

My daughter has Hep C which was transmitted through birth from me, her mother. Although her liver enzymes are normal the Dr. is suggesting a biopsy. Do I need to put her through this? I am a non responder to interferon and Combo therapy. Where do we go from here?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It is a good idea to get a biopsy to see if it is urgent to treat the hepatitis C now or if it can wait until she is an adolescent to treat it. It is a good sign that the enzymes are normal, but do not offer any reassurance that the biopsy will be. Good luck! I have kids too and I know how you must feel! DTD

HBc positive and HBs negative
oral sex and hiv