|10 year old daughter with Hep C
Jan 2, 2001
My daughter has Hep C which was transmitted through birth from me, her mother. Although her liver enzymes are normal the Dr. is suggesting a biopsy. Do I need to put her through this? I am a non responder to interferon and Combo therapy. Where do we go from here?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is a good idea to get a biopsy to see if it is urgent to treat the hepatitis C now or if it can wait until she is an adolescent to treat it. It is a good sign that the enzymes are normal, but do not offer any reassurance that the biopsy will be. Good luck! I have kids too and I know how you must feel! DTD
HBc positive and HBs negative
oral sex and hiv
- HIV Infection Risk Needle Stick
- HIV Risk After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Condom Broke?
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.