|need basic info on hiv ,hep c
Jan 5, 2001
I have a friend that has hiv and hep c .I know very little about either one .How is it transmitted our my children in the house? Where do i start to look for info?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Both are bloodborne infections and are no real risk to your children. Only blood is infectious. HIV is a sexually transmitted disease and safe sex is the best way to avoid it. This site has a huge amount of information on both diseases. DTD
Can Vaccination cause HBsAg to be Positive
- How Much Blood Must Be Transmitted In Order To Get Hiv?
- Would Genital Herpes Hurt On The Vagina
- Will Genital Warts Ever Completely Go Away?
- Will Masturbation Cause Chlamydia To Come Back?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
- Symptoms Of Syphilis In Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.