|HEP C - SGPT RESULT
Jan 5, 2001
DOES A POSITIVE HEP C AND HIGH SGPT (86) INDICATE ABSOLUTE NEED FOR INTERFERON TREATMENT? ARE THERE ANY OTHER MEDS TO REMEDY THE HIGH SGPT? THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION AND TIME....CELIA
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
The major way to make a decision is to do a liver biopsy. Treating the the lab test is not really the answer, treating the virus is. The new pegylated interferons look very promising and this may be the year for you! Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Best Condoms To Use To Protect Against Hiv?
- Will Genital Warts Go Away Without Treatment?
- What Pills To Take For Chlamydia?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- What Can I Use To Stop Itching From Hpv?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.