|HEP C - SGPT RESULT
Jan 5, 2001
DOES A POSITIVE HEP C AND HIGH SGPT (86) INDICATE ABSOLUTE NEED FOR INTERFERON TREATMENT? ARE THERE ANY OTHER MEDS TO REMEDY THE HIGH SGPT? THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION AND TIME....CELIA
Response from Dr. Dieterich
The major way to make a decision is to do a liver biopsy. Treating the the lab test is not really the answer, treating the virus is. The new pegylated interferons look very promising and this may be the year for you! Good luck! DTD
alcoholic hepatitis and hepatitis C
Can Vaccination cause HBsAg to be Positive
- What Is An Antigen Test For HIV?
- The Average Time Span Between The Initial Hiv Infection And The Onset Of Disease Symptoms In Untreated People
- How Long Does Diflucan Stay In Your Body?
- Is Mycobacterium Avium Complex Contagious?
- Can U Get AIDS From Performing Oral Sex?
- Can You Get HIV From Receiving Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.