Jan 18, 2001
I have two HEP C students in my class. I often find used band aids under their desks. Is this any potential problem for the other students or for myself? How long will the dried blood cause a problem? Thank you for your time!! Many other teachers have the same concern as I do!
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is really not a problem. You would have to inject the blood into you when it was still fresh. That is not a real risk, so wash your hands when you pick them up, but it is a really low risk. Be kind to them. DTD
Confused about hygiene precautions in caring for HIV/HEP C positive Mom
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Saliva Transmit Hepatitis B?
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
- How To Get Rid Of Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.