Jan 18, 2001
I have two HEP C students in my class. I often find used band aids under their desks. Is this any potential problem for the other students or for myself? How long will the dried blood cause a problem? Thank you for your time!! Many other teachers have the same concern as I do!
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is really not a problem. You would have to inject the blood into you when it was still fresh. That is not a real risk, so wash your hands when you pick them up, but it is a really low risk. Be kind to them. DTD
Confused about hygiene precautions in caring for HIV/HEP C positive Mom
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
- Typical Acute Retroviral Syndrome Disease Progression
- Type Of Doctor Who Removes Genital Warts
- Things You Shouldn't Do If You Have Chlamydia
- What Is The Best Way To Treat Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.