Band Aids

I have two HEP C students in my class. I often find used band aids under their desks. Is this any potential problem for the other students or for myself? How long will the dried blood cause a problem? Thank you for your time!! Many other teachers have the same concern as I do!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It is really not a problem. You would have to inject the blood into you when it was still fresh. That is not a real risk, so wash your hands when you pick them up, but it is a really low risk. Be kind to them. DTD

Confused about hygiene precautions in caring for HIV/HEP C positive Mom
Thank you