Jan 19, 2001
One doctor told my father that he might as well not try interferon because his liver is too bad, but could the treatment help him
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is rarely too late to try treatment for hepatitis C. Particularly this year now that pegylated interferon is coming out. He might want to see another specialist and a transplant surgeon at the same time! Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Hepatitis C From A Needlestick?
- Can You Get Hepatitis By Hugging Someone?
- Can You Get A Positive Hiv Test Back In 1 Month?
- What Does Skin Rash In Hiv Look Like?
- Can An Hbv Or Hiv Carrier Have No Symptoms But Spread The Disease To Others?
- Can A Urinalysis Detect Stds Or Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.