|anal sex and HepC
Feb 24, 2002
I have had unprotected anal sex a number of times (I was the bottom). What are the chances of HepC infection? What tests should I have to make sure I am clear. (I am HIV pos)
| Response from Dr. Fried
Hepatitis B and hepatitis C (less commonly) can be transmitted sexually. Anal intercourse is a particularly high risk activity. You should be screened for both HBV and HCV. If you have not already been infected with HBV, you need to get the HBV vaccine. Of course there are a whole host of other sexually diseases for which you are at risk. You definitely need counseling from your healthcare professional about minimizing your risk (and that of your parner) with these practices.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Should I Do If I Had Unprotected Sex With Someone Who Has Hep C?
- I Had Sex With Someone Who Had Hep C Does That Mean I Have It
- Can I Get Hep C From Vaginal Sex?
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Have Sex While Being Treated For Std?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait Until You Can Get Tested For An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.