|hepatitis b positive treatment
Feb 18, 2002
I have been hep B positive for @ lest 22 years, should I have treatment?
| Response from Dr. Fried
You should have your laboratory tests repeated to see if the HBV is active. Also, you should be evaluated for the presence of liver disease through blood tests. Depending on the results, a liver biopsy may be warranted. Chronic HBV can progress to cirrhosis (scarring) of the liver and liver cancer. It is time to have this fully evaluated in order to determine if treatment is the right thing for you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.