|hepatitis b positive treatment
Feb 18, 2002
I have been hep B positive for @ lest 22 years, should I have treatment?
| Response from Dr. Fried
You should have your laboratory tests repeated to see if the HBV is active. Also, you should be evaluated for the presence of liver disease through blood tests. Depending on the results, a liver biopsy may be warranted. Chronic HBV can progress to cirrhosis (scarring) of the liver and liver cancer. It is time to have this fully evaluated in order to determine if treatment is the right thing for you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Touching Poop How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Touching Stripper And HIV Testing
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Vaginal Sex With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Are White Bumps A Sign Of AIDS?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.