|hepatites B immunity
Feb 18, 2002
dear sir what is the humam immune globuline iv is this injection effective in chronic carriers for hepatites b can it develope surface antibody where the body cannot do it by its owen immunity thanks
Response from Dr. Fried
Hepatitis B immune globulin provides antibodies as short term protection against hepatitis B. It is used to prevent HBV after a needlestick exposure, after liver transplantation for HBV, or in newborns whose mother carries HBV, usually combined with the vaccine. It does not cure hepatitis B in someone who is already a carrier of HBV.
hepatitis b positive treatment
- Why Do I Always Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What To Do If Antibiotics Not Helping Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Meaning Chlamydia Igg Test Positive?
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- Syphilis And White Blood Cell Count
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.