|Peg-Intron and Pegasys
Feb 15, 2002
What are the differences between Peg-Intron Alpha 2b and Pegasys??
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
The difference is mainly the type of Peg ,or polyethilene glycol moeity that is added to the interferon alfa.Peg Intron has a small lineal 12kd chain and Pegasys has a large ,branched ,heavy 40kd,chain.The larger molecule stays in the liver,is less distributed in the rest of the body,and the blood levels are high for more than a week. pegasys can be used in renal insufficiency,not Peg Intron.The less extrahepatic distribution of Pegasys,probably explains the more benign adverse events profile.
Hepatitis C multiple questions
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Stinging Pain?
- Should I Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.