HIV+ and HEP B+

I am HIV+ and also have HEP B. I currently do not have to take medication for my HIV infection. How would my Hep B treatment affect my HIV infection? I currently am not being treated for Hep B. Just worried.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Hepatitis B will not affect the course of your HIV.HIV,on the other hand alters the course of chronic Hepatitis B.The disease seems to be less severe as the patient has more immunosupression,and can show in flares after immune reconstitution.Only in around 10% of all chronic cases we have significant activity in coinfection,and we consider tratment. You need to follow your hepatic tests and ask your doctor to check the viremia with HBV DNA.If you have evidence of activity in the liver biopsy,and good CD4,(over 200),you can be managed as any other patient.There is no good data on responses to therapy for lower CD4 levels.

Start now or wait?
Hepatitis C multiple questions