Start now or wait?

Dear Dr.

I am HVC+ grade 2 on biopsy and 1a. I have never been on treatment. I have been waiting for peg interferon. My Dr. wants me to start treatment but am not sure if I should start now or wait for the Pegasys version of the peg interferon. I want the best chance of cure with least amount of sides. Start now or wait? Thanks very much

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

If you have high viral load ,(more than 2 million copies),and genotype 1,your best bet is to wait for Pegasys/RBV combination.The data of PegIntron and RBV,was not better thn the results with Rebetron in this group.The available data also suggests that adverse effects with Pegasys/RBV are significantly less than those with Rebetron,and Peg Intron/RBV. The drug should be available in the next 6 months.

Infection Through Saliva?
HIV+ and HEP B+