Start now or wait?
Feb 15, 2002
I am HVC+ grade 2 on biopsy and 1a. I have never been on treatment. I have been waiting for peg interferon. My Dr. wants me to start treatment but am not sure if I should start now or wait for the Pegasys version of the peg interferon. I want the best chance of cure with least amount of sides. Start now or wait? Thanks very much
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
If you have high viral load ,(more than 2 million copies),and genotype 1,your best bet is to wait for Pegasys/RBV combination.The data of PegIntron and RBV,was not better thn the results with Rebetron in this group.The available data also suggests that adverse effects with Pegasys/RBV are significantly less than those with Rebetron,and Peg Intron/RBV. The drug should be available in the next 6 months.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.