|Infection Through Saliva?
Feb 15, 2002
Hello Dr.Rodriguez-Torres, I am worried that HIV HepC,D can be transmitted through saliva. Is this true? The activities I engaged in are sharing cigarettes,drinks with other individuals. Is this considered a risky activity? please advise Worried
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
You cannot contract Hepatitis C ,or HIV that way,unless blood is present and enters in contact with broken mucosas,or skin.This is not considered risky behavior.
Ayuda por favor!!!
Start now or wait?
- Odds Of Getting HIV Sharing A Razor
- Vaginal Sex With Condom And HIV Transmission Risk
- Does Itchy Rash Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.