After five years ...

Is it possible that after being married for over five years my test for HepB was neg? (HepB s Ag-,HepB e Ag-,HepB Ab Igm-, HepB c Ab-,HepB e Ab-, HepB s Ab+ after being vaccinated)? My wife's test shows :HepB s Ag +, Hep B e Ag -, HepB e Ab +, HepB core Ab Igm -, HepB c Ab +, HepB s Ab +, HBV DNA <5 pg/ml. Is it possible not to get infected ? Should I repeat my test? My son was vaccinated when he was three years old.Is it poss to tell from his test results if his positive antibodies resulted from being infected at birth, vaccinated ( at age 3),or he received it from his mother and was never infected at birth? He is: Ag s -, Ag e -, Ab c Igm -,Ab c +, Ab e +, Ab s + (>150mIU/mL). Nobody is able to answer my questions. Again,thank you very much for your help!

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

I am not sure if I read all your results correctly.It seems that your son had Hepatitis B and resolved and is now immune.If he is 5 years old probably was infected at birth.You have immunity as you have HBsAB +,from prior vaccine,and you cannot be infected..Your wife's tests are more interesting ,she seems to have very low viremia and the negative e antigen and the + e antibody suggest that she is clearing the virus.She should have the tests repeated later on to see if the HBsAg clears.

Re: HIV testing during acute HBV phase
co-infection and quant PCR