|Re: HIV testing during acute HBV phase
Feb 15, 2002
Does your answer to this also apply to acute HCV and an antibody test at three months?
Specifically with acute HCV and a negative HIV anti, am I clear?
Thanks for being a lifeline to those of us in search of information
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
If you have acute hepatitis C ,and at the same time a negative test for HIV,then you do not have detectable antibodies for HIV.You will need to repeat the HIV test in 6 months to be sure you are negative,as it take that long to be detectable in blood.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Catch HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Kissing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.