Genotype 3b

I was diagnosed hep c around 1991, but had it longer. In the summer with a particular hiv treatment, and for the first time, my enzymes went up to 490/370. I changed treatment and they are currently steady at 60/70 aprox. I dont drink at all. Waiting for liver biopsy, but in blood tests genotype 3b and 380.000 viral load with no other signs of serious liver damage. As I said I am going to get liver biopsy in the next month, but which are my chances of curing with that genotype and viral load? Is my viral load high? How high can a viral load go? Thank you very much.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Genotypes 2 and 3 have a very high percentage of cure with treatment. It ranges from 80% to over 90% if you are perfectly compliant with all the medications. It is almost a sure thing! The viral load does not really matter in hepatitis C. Go for treatment, it will almost certainly help! Good luck! DTD

Hep A/B Vaccine
HEp C & Lab Results