For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Hep A/B Vaccine

I had a rather risky sexual exposure about 3 months ago. The day after the exposure I saw my doctor and received a Hep A and Hep B Vaccine. 28 days later I took a HIV DNA PCR test and antibody test, both negative. On day 30 I received the second course of the Hep B vaccine. On day 64 I had another HIV DNA PCR and antibody test, both negative. My fear is that the Hep Vaccines have somehow produced false negative results. What do you think?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There is no reason to believe that. You can always get tested again, but cointinue with your vaccines. DTD

Dr. Dieterich re please help
Genotype 3b