Dr. Dieterich re please help

Dr Dieterich,

Thank you ever so much for your response to my question. As I mentioned in my last note I am HCV+ and tested HIV negative Elisa at 12 weeks. I followed your advice and my doctor ran a PCR. The RNA test had a sensitivity of 50-100,000ml that did not detect any virus. If I understood your last response I can now be comfortable that I am HIV negative. Please tell me I am correct?

Thank you very much for your help!

PS - your original response is below for reference:

There is no absolutely certain window period, everyone is different. The only way to be certain is to retest. PCR should absolutely be positive by 12 weeks antibody by 24 weeks. Those are all with only reasonable medical certainty as we say in court. There are no absolutes in this field unfortunately

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Sounds correct. Continue having safe sex and being careful. With all the test you describe, you can go on with your life. DTD

Mixed Lab results
Hep A/B Vaccine