Re: Please Help

What a relief to read your answer to this! I have a similar question to this person's with one more level of testing being completed. I am HCV+. After an HIV exposure I was Elisa negative at 4 weeks, 8 weeks and 12 weeks. I was also PCR RNA negative at three months. My doctor says the combination of PCR and Elisa makes it a certainty that I am clear and I should let my anxieties go. Based on your answer to the original post it looks like you agree. Is that correct?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Yes. With reasonable medical certainty it sounds like you are free of virus. I ususally recommend repeat testing in about 6 months just to be sure. Good luck and stay well! DTD

LdT in NY - Attention in Spanish
Confused