Desperate for your view

Dr. Dieterich,

I realize you must be over-run with support requests from people like me but I really hope you can help. Two months ago, which was 16 days after a known but limited risk exposure, I tested HCV anti+. Then just one week later I was HCV anti- ; PCR Quan not detected; PCR Qual detected. My doctor wanted to wait some time before further testing so now two months later my results are HCV anti- ; RIBA- Cryo not detected; PCR Qual not detected; PCR Quan not detected; SGOT/SGPT normal, HIV- and HIV RNA not detected.

My doctor fells strongly that these results are 100 conclusive, I am not HCV infected and that further testing is inappropriate.

I unfortunately, have become obsessed since what my doctor believes were two early false positives. He believes that I just need to let this go and won't authorize any additional testing.

I realize I should just listen to him but am desperate for your viewpoint. Do you agree? Are the results strong enough to be conclusive? Please help me with an answer

Thank you and God Bless you.

Anthony

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It certainly sounds like you are not infected. It is not uncommon to have a false positive qualitative PCR. I think you shoud relax and repeat the tests in about 6 months,just to be sure. In the meantime, forget about it. You seem to be uninfected. DTD

Liver Biopsy More Questions
LdT in NY - Attention in Spanish