|Accuracy of ELISA at three months of exposure
Oct 4, 2000
I had sexual relations with a man who told me a month and a half later that he is hiv+. i tested at this time, negative. I tested at three months of exposure, negative again. My doctor says it is unlikely that I am infected but I read that at three months, testing is 85% accurate. Is there a high chance I will test positive at 6 months, in your opinion? Thank you for your time.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
I agree with your doctor. You are unlikely to have been infected, but you should get tested anyway. You should also practice safe sex! Be careful! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.