Treatment for Hep C

I was just told after taking rebitron for six months that I am still positive for the Hep C virus. I was taken off because it is not doing the virus any good. The doctor told me about Pegylated. My biopsy showed that I am at stage 3 and I have developed one area of cirrhosis already. What are my chances of being viral free if I take Pegylated. I am 46 years old and have a family. I would like to know what my chances are or what to do. I am having the symptom of forgetfulness already, but that is the only symptom that I am having. Will I have to have a transplant or what will eventually have? I really need to know. It is very worrisome to me.

Thank you

Worrisome

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Worrisome,

With pegylated alone you have about a 30% chance of a cure. With peg plus ribavirin, it is probably even higher. Don't despair, there is even long term maintenance therapy with interferon that will help. Think positively! DTD

Is it too late for Hep C treatment
Pegylated availability.