|HEP B AND HEP C
Oct 4, 2000
WHAT ARE THE SURVIVAL TIMES OF HEP B AND HEP C OUTSIDE THE BODY ? HIV IS APPARENTLY MINUTES, IS HEP B & C THE SAME ? ALSO IF I HAVE HEP C, AND THEREFORE LOW LEVELS OF HEP C IN MY SEMEN, OR MY PARTNER HAS HEP C, WHAT ARE THE COMPLICATIONS IF YOU WANTED TO HAVE A CHILD, CONSIDERING THERE IS NO VACCINE FOR HEP C ? THANKS MJJ
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Survival times outside the body for most viruses are short, unless they are inside some body fluid like a blood clot, and then it is impossible to say. Hepatitis C is rarely transmitted sexually in heterosexual monogamous couples. If you want to be perfectly safe then fertilizing the eggs outside the body would qualify. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bronchitis After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts On The Labia Minor?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.