Vaccinated after exposure to HEP B

I recently went to the doctor to have some tests done due to a risky sexual encounter 5 months ago. They tested me for Hep B, Hep C, HIV, Mono, Liver, Kidney, Thyroid. All of it came back normal, except they said I was exposed to Hep B but did not build up immunity to it. The practitioner decided to give me a series of vaccine shots to boost up my immune system. Is it possible to develop antibodies with the vaccine even after being expose to Hep B?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

If what they saw was a positive HB core antibody and no surface antibody, then you probably don't need the vaccine for hepatitis B, although hepatitis A vaccine probably would not hurt. DTD

How soon will test positive
HEP B AND HEP C