|Vaccinated after exposure to HEP B
Oct 4, 2000
I recently went to the doctor to have some tests done due to a risky sexual encounter 5 months ago. They tested me for Hep B, Hep C, HIV, Mono, Liver, Kidney, Thyroid. All of it came back normal, except they said I was exposed to Hep B but did not build up immunity to it. The practitioner decided to give me a series of vaccine shots to boost up my immune system. Is it possible to develop antibodies with the vaccine even after being expose to Hep B?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
How soon will test positive
HEP B AND HEP C
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Vaginitis Or Herpes
- Typical Acute Retroviral Syndrome Disease Progression
- What Is The Quickest Way To Get Rid Of Genital Warts?
- What Is The Physical Appearance Of Syphilis?
- What Is The Best Way To Keep Bacterial Vaginosis Away?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.