|How soon will test positive
Oct 4, 2000
I have heard HIV should show up on tests between 25 and 46 days after exposure. I had a test 49 days after possible exposure(have no idea if one night stand is positive) but came back negative. I am going to test again next week (will have been 3 months) Just wondering how accurate the 49 day and 3 month test will be?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
The 3 month test is probably over 85%. You should also get a 6 month test as well. Sounds like you are probably OK if you have no symptoms. If you are really worried ask for a PCR test, that is positive in 2 weeks. Be safe! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Stinging Pain?
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Herpes After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Herpes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.