HIV and Hep A

My good friend lives in Costa Rica and has contracted HIV after already having been infected with Hep A for a full year. You say Hep A is NOT chronic, does this mean it can be cured and subsequently not interfere with the treatment of HIV? Also, what kind of health care exists in San Jose, Costa Rica and how does it compare to US care?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The hepatitis A should be gone now and should not interfere with the HIV treatment. If he still has hepatitis, then it is probably not A and B and C should be tested for. Costa Rica from what I have heard has a good standard of living and modern health care. However, I do not know about their HIV care. DTD

I want to know about scabs like insect bite?
HBV with Night Sweats