Chronic Hep and Progression

Is there any way to determine the potential for a chronicly infected (Hep B) person to develop Liver disease or cirosis? I am 38, quit drinking over 1 year ago, but drank consistantly for 10-12 years. Had a bout of Hep B. recently and results are chronic. What kind of diet should I be on. I have a habit of eating only at night, will this contribute to my poor condition.? What types of lingering effects does one experience: I get prickly sensations on my hands, usually in late afternoon.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The only way to grade or stage your liver disease is by doing a liver biopsy. That helps predict who will progress to cirrhosis and tells us how much damage has been done by the alcohol. You should eat a well-balanced diet with lots of fruits and vegetables, just like your mother told you! The biopsy will help you decide about treating your hepatitis B as well. DTD

Sorry to bother you!
Hep B Testing