|Sorry to bother you!
Oct 4, 2000
Dear doctor, I am a hep B sufferer. is there a cure for it, if so, what is the medicine? if not, how long will you expect a cure to come in the future? thank you very much. kitty
Response from Dr. Dieterich
There is a cure for hepatitis B, but it is not guaranteed. Interferon alfa is approved by the FDA for treatment of HBV. It is four month therapy of daily injections with about a 35-40% chance of a cure. Lamivudine is also approved for treatment and is one pill per day for a year, with about the same cure rate, but there is a risk of resistance to the drug. Talk to your MD. They are both available now. DTD
Blood in urine samples
Chronic Hep and Progression
- How Long Should You Wait To Get Tested For Chlamydia?
- 6 Months Hiv Test Was Nonreactive After Unprotected Oral Sex
- Antibiotics And HIV Testing
- How Quickly After Exposure Can You Notice Symptoms Of Hiv?
- Is There An Immediate Notification If Positive HIV Test Result?
- Life Expectancy Of Hiv Postive Person Without Medication
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.