|Sorry to bother you!
Oct 4, 2000
Dear doctor, I am a hep B sufferer. is there a cure for it, if so, what is the medicine? if not, how long will you expect a cure to come in the future? thank you very much. kitty
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
There is a cure for hepatitis B, but it is not guaranteed. Interferon alfa is approved by the FDA for treatment of HBV. It is four month therapy of daily injections with about a 35-40% chance of a cure. Lamivudine is also approved for treatment and is one pill per day for a year, with about the same cure rate, but there is a risk of resistance to the drug. Talk to your MD. They are both available now. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Genital Warts Ever Completely Go Away?
- Where Do The Breakouts Of Genital Herpes Show Up On The Body?
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- What Virus Or Bacteria Causes Shingles?
- What Type Of Cream Is Good For Using On Shingles?
- What Should You Do If You Think You Have Herpes On Lip?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.